If you want to delete your account, then there is an option available to delete only gmail account and preserving you google account and services. It is very straightforward process which you will get to know in the below article.
We all use Gmail as our primary mail account for accessing mail and other related services. But not everyone is satisfied with a single Gmail account, so most of us possess several Gmail account. On the long run, it becomes complicated to manage multiple Gmail account and perhaps seems useless to use multiple accounts for using the same services. So, it is better to delete the unused Gmail account but first backup all Gmail data if it contains relevant data.
Not everyone possesses desktop/laptop; majority population uses Android & iOS, so we have a solution for all kinds of devices. The procedure varies slightly for each device but more or less will be the same.
Delete Gmail from Computer/Laptop
1) Login to your gmail account and head over to the “account”.
2) Now jump to the “Data & personalization” menu and scroll down to Download, delete, or make a plan for your data. Here you will find an option to “Delete a service or your account”.
3) Now go to the Delete a service or your account section. Here you will get an option
- Delete your Google account ( this will delete your full Google account)
- Delete a Google Service ( this will only delete a selected service like Gmail, youtube etc.)
- Download data ( here you can export or download data before deleting your account)
- Make a plan for your account ( here you can choose to inactive your account )
4) To delete Gmail account go to “Delete a Google service”.
5) You will be prompted to sign in to your account
6) On the next page, choose the service you want to delete. If you want to delete Gmail then select delete icon next to the Gmail.
Delete gmail from Android devices
1) Open the setting of your android device
2) Scroll down to find the Google section in the setting menu
3) Go to “Manage your Google Account” and head over to the “Data & personalization tab.”
4) Scroll down and select “Delete a service or your account.”
5) Select “Delete a Google service”. Here you will find different services to delete.
6) Select the delete icon on the right side to the Gmail account.
Delete Gmail from iOS devices
1) Go to the Gmail app and open the menu
2) From the menu, select Setting > Your account > Manage your Google Account
3) From the navigation panel, find “data & personalization” and select it
4) On the next page, go to the “Download, delete or make a plan for your data” section and select “Delete a service or your account”.
5) On the next screen, select “Delete a service”
6) Next, the authentication prompt screen will appear. Fill your correct credentials to proceed.
7) On the next screen, find Gmail and select “Delete” then, follow the instruction provided by Google.