About google camera 7.0
Google Camera 7.0 (Gcam) is the best android camera application as far as we know. It is popularly abbreviated as Gcam, officially launched by Google. Initially, when it was launched, it was available for all android devices running Android 4.4 and above but now only available for Google Pixel devices.
But due to its popularity, a developer developed the modified version of google camera, which was cable to run on any android smartphone, which snapdragon processor 820 & above. It was just the beginning, and now it is made available to popular smartphones with the help of Independent developers.
Why Google camera 7.0 is so popular!!
- Night sight: Its ability to capture intricate details even in the extremely low light conditions is impressive. It uses artificial intelligence to process the image and to bring up the in-depth details.
- Google lens: It supports google lens in the camera application itself, which makes it more convenient to use.
- HDR+: The HDR+ mode gives a better dynamic range with such great detail because of excellent processing, which makes a huge difference compared to the stock camera application.
- Portrait mode: Portrait mode click taken by Gcam takes some time for processing, but it’s by far has the best edge detection. It does give the flexibility to change the background depth mode even after image processing.
- Slow-motion & Time Lapse
- How to hide apps in android
- 4 best android data recovery software
- What is the difference between 4G and 5G
- What is Ping in the internet?
Download google camera 7.0 apk
Below is the download link of the Gcam apk file that will surely work with the mentioned devices. Even if your device is not listed, still, you can try.
- For Poco F1 devices(Download,)
- For redmi K20 / K20 Pro, OnePlus Devices (Download)
- For redmi Note 5 Pro / 6 Pro / 7 / 7S / 7 Pro, Mi A3 / A2, Zenfone Max Pro M1 / M2 devices(Download)
- For realme devices (Download)
Note : If you don’t want to go through the hassle of reading full article then we have a video for you. This video explains the full step by step process of installation and first impression of Gcam.
If video contents are promising please subscribe my youtube channel
Installation of the google camera application
Things to keep in mind before installing:-
- Your device must have Camera 2 API support
- Device must be running on Android 9.0 or above
- Some small features might not work since this is still under developing stage. A stable version is yet to come.
Moving to installation
- Download the Gcam APK file from the above download link
- Since installing applications from sources other than play store requires permission, so just enable it.
It can be done by allowing the message prompt asking permission from unknown sources or alternatively
Go to Settings > Additional settings > Privacy > Special app access > Install unknown apps > Select the app & allow it.
Allow unknown sources
open apk and install
Also read this article:
First impression & setting explanation
The primary interface looks very clean and intuitive. The top section is empty with a dropdown arrow to bring settings. The bottom bar includes all modes like Night Sight, Portrait, Camera, Video, More.
Just above the bottom bar, there are three buttons — the first button for switching cameras from rear to front and vice versa. The second button is for clicking photos. The third option is to see the preview of the last photo taken.
1. Camera & Portrait: Clicking the dropdown arrow bring the setting. Timer setting has different modes, 3sec and 10sec. Flash has three modes (no flash, auto, forced flash ) again. The flexibility of different aspect ratios like 16:9 & 4:3.
2. Night sight: Night sight of google camera is the main attraction due to its detail capturing in very low light situations.
The setting menu has four different focus mode ( Auto, Near, Far & infinity). So, depending on the distance of the subject, these modes to be selected for better image capturing. Rest Timer & Ratio setting is the same as camera mode.
3. Video: When we go into the video mode, then there is a very minimum setting available on the interface. There is an option to take video in a flash on mode or flash off mode.
If you can see, there is little setting icon below the flash icon, which leads directly to the camera setting menu. Where there are many features that you must explore. Below I have mentioned only key features
- HDR+ on/off switch
- Volume key action, Double-tap action
- Dirty lens warning on/off
- Save selfie as previewed on/off
- RAW + JPEG (Raw image can also be saved)
- Back & front camera video recording in UHD 4K (30fps), HD 1080p, HD 720p
Note: The video mode also supports external mic which is very uncommon and extraordinary feature. Very few camera app provide external mic support
4. More: Going into more gives you a lot of new options, where panorama, photosphere, & google lens is the same as the previous version. Slow-motion & Time-lapse is added advantage.
Time lapse video can be captured at 1x, 5x, 10x, 30x & 120x.
Slow-motion video can be taken only at 1/8x, which is disappointing. But well it’s more than enough, how often do we capture slow-motion video.
I tried every setting on the POCO F1 device and found everything working like a charm. But there might be some instances where some of the features will not work, so please let me know in the comment below.
So guys what are you waiting for, enjoy every bit of google camera application and tank me in the comment section below. If you like this article, then you can also visit other popular articles listed in the right sidebar.