A recent update has brought a new feature that enables you to chat with yourself. This feature is not quite new in the tech space as Telegram, Slack already has this feature from like, eternity.
Even users have been using this feature manually since from a very long time. But out of laziness very few were actually using it. Now WhatsApp has finally integrated this feature after the latest update. If you have noticed this new feature in the contacts window or wish to learn an easy way to save notes, photos, or more, then go through the below article on “message yourself on WhatsApp“.
How to Message yourself on Whatsapp
This feature has officially been rolled out globally after the latest update so make sure that you have updated to the latest version of WhatsApp.
Also read: How to Use WhatsApp for Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on Instagram
- First, go to the playstore and update to the latest version of WhatsApp.
- Now Open WhatsApp and click the “New Chat” button at the bottom right. In the contacts list, you will find your own phone number with the “Message yourself” label.
- You can now send texts to yourself as reminders, to-do lists, or share files across web and mobile using this chat window.
- Now whenever you want to share images or videos directly from your gallery, there also you will get an option to share directly to yourself.
- Not only this if you can directly share anything from other chats to yourself.
So now I use this feature to save images, videos, voice notes, and text messages which I can access through WhatsApp web. I also use this as my personal drive, as there is no limit on the number of messages you can save. So it is a kind of unlimited drive storage.