POCO F1 was launched more than one year ago and as promised Xiaomi is pushing regular updates with precise timing. The latest MIUI OTA update with build 126.96.36.199 PEJMIXM is started rolling out to the beta program testers, and the actual stable update will be rolled out in coming days. The update is a huge 1.8Gb which is based on android 9 and brings the latest security update with many key improvements. POCO F1 MIUI 11 update has brought some of the major improvements which has been discussed later in this article.
— MIUI India for #MiFans (@MIUI_India) October 30, 2019
If you have already opted for the beta program, then you might have received the OTA update otherwise for the normal user it will come in following days. If you don’t want to wait, then you can download & install it manually. The update is not based on android 10, but it has added support for much-awaited system-wide dark mode for all apps which support native dark mode. Currently, the dark mode is working on twitter, youtube, calendar, mi apps, telegram, Instagram, chrome, google, google photos etc. Below screenshot shows the dark mode for some apps.
What is New in the POCO F1 MIUI update
Comprehensive design optimized for full-screen display devices
– Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of colour allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content
Sounds of nature
– Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
– Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
– Preview your documents before you open them
– Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
– Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
– New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
Game speed booster
– New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
Dark mode support
Download & Install MIUI 188.8.131.52 OTA update manually
The author is not responsible for anything happens to your device during update. Do everything on your own risk.
Download the MIUI global beta update 184.108.40.206 PEJMIXM from the below link.
- Download the MIUI 11 global beta update zip file on your phone internal storage.
- Now go to the setting of your phone > About phone > System update. Now click 3 dots on the top right corner and choose update package.
- Now the default file manager will open automatically, from here choose the update package zip file from the directory
- Hit the reboot button to apply this MIUI 11 global beta update on your device.
- Now the phone will reboot and update process will start. So it is recommended to keep the phone fully charged. Let the process to complete, and the phone will reboot after the update.
The update has brought joy for all POCO users. It is not true android 10 but gives a feel of android 10. Android 10 is also on the way and expected to be rolled out in the coming month. Stay tuned by subscribing to the newsletter and also by subscribing to our youtube channel.