Amazon is the largest eCommerce platform in the world. It is one of the Big Five companies in the U.S. information technology industry, along with Google, Apple, Microsoft, and Facebook. The company has been referred to as “one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world”, as well as the world’s most valuable brand.
Amazon’s major revenue comes from eCommerce which is almost unbeatable. Amazon uses various techniques to drive customers to its website. One of the most successful ways to drive customers is the affiliate program which is named amazon associates. Now the big question is what is affiliate marketing and how does it work.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts. So basically you can promote the specific company products in return for a reward.
So, Amazon has an affiliate program running in several countries where anyone can register for Amazon associates and start promoting the products. Well, it seems easy but Amazon has some very strict rules for promoting Amazon affiliate links. So let’s go through each rule which you must know before promoting Amazon’s affiliate Link on the Telegram channel.
Amazon Associates Rules for promoting affiliate links
As per reports from most of the Amazon associates member, affiliate link sharing on WhatsApp or Telegram is strictly prohibited. And this has often lead to the permanent ban of many amazon associates account holders.
In the above screenshot, it shows that leveraging Telegram/Whatsapp platform is eligible. This is the screenshot from the official website which means it is legal to share links on WhatsApp / Telegram.
There are many people whom I know are still sharing affiliate links on Telegram channels. So what are the things which those people are doing good? We will try to decipher this in the below points.
- The telegram channel or username name should not be amazon or any other competitor of amazon (such as Flipkart, Myntra, etc.)
- The Channel profile pic should not contain the Amazon logo or any competitor’s logo.
- You should mention the Telegram channel link in the website section of the Amazon associates.
- Amazon doesn’t want you to use the product images from their website. Instead, you can take others or just share links without any images.
- Amazon is also against sharing the wrong product price. Amazon price changes every second so if you are sharing a product link with the price that means you are violating their t&c.
- Don’t use any link shortener other than Bitly for shortening Amazon affiliate links.
If example you can also visit my Telegram channel which is live proof of what is working for me.
If you want to continue sharing amazon affiliate links on Telegram then you must follow the above-mentioned guidelines. These are the points which I have summarised based on my experience and from their official website. Although there is no guarantee that your account will not be banned but you can make the best possible way to save it. If you have any doubts regarding this topic then we love to hear from you.