Whatsapp has finally added another level of security to chat messages with fingerprint unlock. Its good news for the android user as iOS users are enjoying fingerprint ID & face ID unlock features from over one month. Fingerprint unlock already rolled out to the beta users last month; now it’s available for every user.
Fingerprint unlock has added quite a level of security, but Twitterati doesn’t seem to be happy with this move. They are literally begging for Dark mode which is a trending feature. But Dark Mode is not coming in the near month to WhatsApp.
Also read: How to enable dark mode in chrome
Starting today, Android users can add another layer of security to their WhatsApp messages with fingerprint lock. 🔒 Learn more about how to enable the setting here: https://t.co/biwzjhTwop pic.twitter.com/mVDoE4gurk
— WhatsApp Inc. (@WhatsApp) October 31, 2019
Activate Fingerprint Unlock in Whatsapp
- Update Whatsapp from the above link
- Now open Whatsapp messenger and click on the 3 dots on top right corner
- Go to Setting > Account > Privacy
- Go to the privacy setting and then go to Fingerprint Lock.
- Select “Unlock with Fingerprint“.
- There are some addition settings like Automatically Lock & Notification content which can be set according to your choice.
There is a third party app which does the same task, but builtin fingerprint unlock feature is still a treat to many users. If you don’t use any third-party app for locking the apps, then go try it.